Monday, June 1, 2015

What a Week

Spanish Missionaries of Sioux City
Guess who the new record holding missionary is for most time in Sioux City?  This Elder.  
Transfers happened this week and with that came the news that not only were Elder Swan and I staying together (Making us the "oldest" companionship in the mission) but 9/12 of the zone was staying together too!  Staying here for another transfer means that I'll serve over one year of my mission in this great city.  There's going to be some great things that happen this transfer, I can feel it.  And this Sunday showed that to me. 

Yesterday I felt prompted to ask Elder Swan if we should go over and knock on Jose and Emma's door 40 minutes before church to see if they were going to make it.  He said sure, so we went over and tried it.  When we got there, Emma and the girls were running around cleaning the house and Jose was literally half way through shaving his head.  They said they weren't going to be able to make it to the classes, but that they'd be there for Sacrament Meeting, which in the Spanish Branch is last.

Elder Swan and I were sitting up at the Sacrament Table when right before the Sacrament started, Jose and Emma came walking in.  I'm really surprised that I didn't just stand up and shout for joy right when it happened because that's exactly what I was doing in my head!  We've been trying to get Jose to come to church ever since we met him 18 months ago.    Not only did he come to church, but also 5 of the Less Active Members we've been working with came to church as well!  This transfer is off to a GREAT start!  

In other random news: Sister Jensen (My seminary teacher's daughter) joined our zone this week and we're excited to have her!  Its a small world when you're a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

I hope you have had a great week! I love you!
Lots of Love,
Elder Zack Paddock

Transfer Day
Elder Adams and I.  He left to go be a ZL in Omaha


Waiting for Transfer calls with NOM-opoly
(Properties are areas in the mission)


No comments:

Post a Comment