Monday, June 29, 2015

It's Been a Rough Week

Beautiful Sunset in Yankton
Theft.  Food Poisoning.  Bed bugs.  I believe that pretty much sums up the past few days of this week.  Its been so great.  

Friday, we got in our truck to take it to the mechanic to get some stuff fixed and saw that there were copies of the Book of Mormon everywhere.  I just assumed that the box of them that we keep in our back seat had just been knocked over when we were going in for the night  the evening before... but then I saw that my CD's were also in the back seat and thats when I started to realize something was up.  Then we really noticed when Elder Swan couldn't find his sunglasses and mine were also missing and also Elder Swan's pack of gum.  And then we saw the Book of Mormon conveniently placed where Swan's GPS was supposed to be.    We came to the conclusion that when we went back to get Elder Swan's wallet the night before, we had forgotten to lock the truck.  It was our fault.  I think the most impressive thing was Elder Swan's attitude toward it when he said, quite genuinely, "I guess they needed that GPS more than I did."   

Sickness at its finest

Sickness at its finest
Saturday morning, 5 AM, I woke up with a lot of stomach pain and ran to the bathroom to throw up.  My situation pretty much stayed at that state for the rest of the day, with me drifting in and out of sleep.  Around 12, Elder Swan also began having stomach pain, a headache, and throwing up.  By 6, Elder Robinson joined us with the exact same symptoms and within the next few hours it hit Elder Peters.  Our two companionships ended up just quarantining ourselves in the apartment playing Monopoly, throwing up, and watching Mormon Messages and Legacy for the entire day.  I've never felt so unproductive in my life.  

Sunday morning, after having slept the remainder of my sickness off, I woke up with giant red itchy spots all over from the hips down.  I'd seen these before and knew that it could only be one thing: Bed bugs.  I ripped off my sheets and looked at my mattress, and sure enough there were the signs we'd been told to look for.    What a great way to finish off a "fun" weekend. 

On the bright side, in the midst of all of this, we had an amazing lesson with Jose this week. We've been fasting and praying and giving him assignements to help him understand the importance of Priesthood Authority.  About half-way through our visit with him, he looked at me and said, "Now I get it," and continued on explaining perfectly why its so important.  I really feel like the Lord has great things in store for Jose.  As soon as he joins the church I know he's going to be such a faithful member, and become a leader in helping others come unto Christ.  He's getting there, slowly but surely.  I know he's part of the reason I've come back to Sioux City.  I just know it. 

I hope you had a fantastic week and that every thing is going great!   Don't worry about us.  We're doing great now!  I'm so excited for the crazy week that's ahead of us with exchanges, a new misson President, a Zone Conference, and MLC!  Its going to be crazy!

I love you!
Lots of love,
Elder Zack Paddock



No comments:

Post a Comment