Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Great Opposition



I feel like those two things go hand-in-hand.  It seems like that whenever a moment (or two or three) of trial and opposition come into our lives, the Lord blesses us with a moment (or two or three) of greatness that makes it all worth it.  This was a lesson that I re-learned this week.
Let me tell you what I mean.  

This week we were helping clean out an apartment when a guy pulled up in his truck and asked, "Are you guys mormons?"  When we responded "yes" he said, "That sucks."  and then proceeded to tell us about how we were living a lie, about how God isn't real, about how we need to do "real research" and learn from fossil records and things like that.  I've met a lot of people who are anti-mormons or even atheist on my mission, but this guy was easily the most rude and the least classy.  He was busting out every swear word in the book and saying every rude comment he could about how "we don't know anything" or how we've grown up in lies or.... it doesn't matter really what he said.  All that happened when he left was the four of us Elders felt a feeling of anger and, for lack of a better word, grossness.  The Spirit hadn't been there at all while he was talking and all four of us knew a whole lot better than to try and argue with him.  That never would or will accomplish anything.  Its people like that that make me more sure that this is the truth.  Its people like that that make me want to work harder, go further, knock more doors, talk to more people, invite EVERYONE to come unto Christ and feel the peace and greatness that the Spirit and the Gospel of truth brings.  

This week also had its great moments, like 2 awesome, spiritually powerful exchanges in Yankton and Vermillion, South Dakota.  The Spirit was most definitely guiding us on those exchanges, helping us to know where to go, what to do, and what to say.  There's good things happening in those areas and I know they'll continue to progress.  

I love this work.  I know its true.  I know there's opposition in all things, but I know the Lord allows it to come into our lives so that we can better recognize His hand in all things.  
I hope you have a great week!  I love you so much!

Lots of love,

Elder Zack Paddock

No comments:

Post a Comment