Sunday, March 15, 2015

I'm Still Here

Hispanic Member party 
 I'm still here!  I'm officially going 9 months in both of my first areas and 3 transfers with every companion so far.  Its crazy to think that at the end of this transfer, I'll be at 18 months and will have had only 2 areas and 4 companions.  That just never happens anywhere else.  This transfer will only be a 5 week transfer (for some reason of getting us back on track with the world.... or something) and its going to fly!  I'm still assigned as a District Leader and our District shrunk significantly.  We lost 2 companionships that are now in a completely different zone so now instead of doing 7 exchanges in one transfer like last transfer, we only have to do 3 now.  That's much less stressful :)  Both Elder Pearson and Elder Lambert were transferred though and we'll definitely miss having them around.  

District Lunch at the best burger place in Lincoln
with Elder Lambert and Elder Pearson


Check out this burger!  Its got meat, bacon, cabbage, PB, and
fried grapes.  I think its the best thing I've ever eaten.


















I think today more than anything else, I wanted to write about my testimony of the love that our Father in Heaven has for us.  I know with a surety that our Father in Heaven loves us, that he knows each and everyone of us personally and individually and that he's created a plan for us that to me brings great joy and peace.  Its called the Plan of Salvation or the Plan of Happiness. It answers some of life's big questions like "Where did I come from?" "Why am I here?" and  "What happens after I die?". Knowing about what it is that God has planned helps me to know that everything is going to be alright, no matter what happens.  I know that our Savior Jesus Christ loves each and every one of us and knows exactly what each one of us is going through.  I know that death is not the end.  That its just another step in the plan and that our loving Heavenly Father has so much more prepared for us after this life.  I know that God loves us.  I know that you can know this is true as well by learning about it and praying about it and I invite you to do so.  
I also invite you to check out this website that talks about this Plan of Salvation that I've talked about and if you have any questions to get in contact with the missionaries that live around you.  They'd be more than happy to help.  

Quick Funny Story:
We had told Barbara that Transfers were happening this week so Thursday morning we get a text from her saying, "Soooooo....?"  So we got the bright idea to text her back saying, "We're both leaving..." which was a complete lie.  So immediately she called us and said, "Ok you have to come over tonight and take pictures!"  
And that's where this picture comes in.  After saying our "goodbyes" I said, "Well can I get a picture with you?" and she said yes and came and stood by me and while we were standing there smiling I said, "Want to know a secret?" 
"Sure," she replied.
"We're not leaving."
"WHAT?!"
And then Elder Kummerman took the picture :)

Barbara and Elder Paddock

I love each of you and I hope that you have a great week! 
Lots of love,
Elder Zack

  



No comments:

Post a Comment