Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Happy New Year!

Can you believe its 2015 already?  That blows my mind.  This work makes the time move by so fast.  For New Years Eve, we decided to do exchanges with Elder Shipley and Elder Pearson.  When we were all laying in bed as the clock turned to Midnight, Shipley said, "I never thought that 2015 would come... I go home this year.." and then I realized, so do I.  There's a lot of work to do still and the time is counting down!  Shoot.

Going on exchanges with Elder Shipley was actually a lot of fun.  We already know how one another teaches, we both speak Spanish, and it was just like we were companions all over again, except in Crete this time.  It was really nice, actually.  We didn't get along the best all the time while we were together, but for that one night, it was like we were really good friends.  I got to catch up with him, we talked about his family, and about he's been feeling since he only has about 4 months left.  He's trying not to be "too trunky."

Our full fridge 
This week, Elder Kummerman and I saw a HUGE blessing.  All of a sudden, investigators and members and a local place we volunteer at started giving us soooo much food.  No more starvation!  Maybe now I'll stop losing weight! 
 
This year as a mission, we're working hard to be a "Full-service Mission," meaning we're not only focusing on trying to get people to baptism, but to temple to receive Endowments and do the work for their ancestors.  I'm loving this new focus that we've been given and Elder Kummerman and I have worked pretty hard this week with the Less-Active members and New Converts to help give them the vision of the Temple in their lives.  We've talked A LOT about Family History work and about how much of a blessing it is that through it, we can "turn the heart of the children to the fathers." (Malachi 4:5-6).   I've been really blessed to have people in my family that have already done tons of family history work.  I was looking at my Family Tree the other day and followed it all the way back to some Norse King in the 100's.  My mind was blown.   I know that as we turn our hearts towards our "fathers" or our ancestors, that there's a lot we can learn from them, and that as we go and do the work for them in the temple, that they are rejoicing that they'll have the same blessings that we will.  I'm thankful for temples and the blessing that they are in our lives.  I know that Temple work, Family History Work, and Missionary Work are all the same work.  This week, when you're sitting around trying to figure out what to do for a little bit, I invite you to check out www.familysearch.org and get started.  If you're already started (like I know Mom is) keep going.  Keep learning.  There's always someone more that we can learn about.

I love you all and I hope you have a great week! 
Lots of Love,
Elder Zack



No comments:

Post a Comment