Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Transfer of Big Changes

Elder Holman and me
Thursday morning, Elder Holman, Elder Garff, and I were sitting around the table and the phone began to ring.
"Its President...,"said Elder Holman and he threw the phone at me.  The conversation that proceeded went something like this:
"Hello, this is Elder Paddock."
"Elder, its President Weston.  How are you doing?"
"I'm doing well, President.  How are you?"
"I'm well.  Staying obedient?"
"I'm doing my best."
"Will you commit to exact obedience?"
"Yes"
"Elder, the Lord has called you to train.  Do you accept?"
Instantly my heart started beating like drum, and somehow I managed to stammer out,   
 "Yeah, President.  I can do that."
Well in order to cut the rest of the story shorter..... ITS A BOY!  I'm a "Daddy" now.   I'm training Elder Kummerman from Portland, Oregon.  He's 20 years old and has only been a member of the church for about a year and a half.  He's surprisingly fairly half-way decent at Spanish (But he thinks he's better than he actually is, so that's been fun) and he's got a great love for the language and the Hispanic culture.   He's definitely got "Greenie Fire", which means he's so excited to get out and work and teach and share the Gospel.   My goal is to work that as hard as I can and just use it to propel this work forward.  Hopefully both of us can stay humble and patient.  We'll definitely need to.  Should be fun! 
Yo y mi hijo: Elder Kummerman & Elder Paddock

Back to the story though.
10 minutes after talking to President, the Assistants called.  
"Elder Paddock, the Lord and President have called you to be District Leader."
I guess the Lord's got a lot for me to learn this transfer.  I'm excited but nervous about all the new responsibility that I've got now, but I"m excited to be able to serve in new ways.  
In other news, Elder Holman was sent to open up the Columbus Spanish area that's just in the neighboring zone and only about an hour away so we'll get to see him every now and then.  I'll miss that kid like crazy.  He's definitely been my most favorite companion.
Also Elder Garff got sent to Grand Island to be with Elder Hill again and Elder Shipley came to Lincoln and is now part of our district.  It'll be fun to go on exchanges with him in the future.
Overall, I'm doing alright.  Just trying to get used to the new comp and the new responsibilities.  Should be an interesting transfer!  
The Paper I got telling all
my fun responsibilities

Elder Kummerman's paper telling
him he'd be getting me

























I love you and I'm excited to see you in 10 days!
Lots of love,
Elder Zack

No comments:

Post a Comment