Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Be Thou an Example of the Believers

I don't have a lot to say about this week except that it was great.  We've been working really hard this week to keep the work continually getting better.  We've been trying to use the energy that two baptisms gave us, and I think that its working!  This week we found 5 new investigators!  That's awesome!  
We knocked this one door, and the lady came out and just said "Hola" with a look on her face that told me, "Ha ha I speak Spanish and you can't talk to me," But then we said, "Hola" back and she was so shocked she didn't know what to do.   Quickly she turns around and yells at her husband, "Hurry and put a shirt on so they can come in!!" and she hurries back inside to tidy up a bit. Elder Holman and I just about busted up laughing right there on the doorstep!    They let us in and we had an AMAZING first discussion with them about the Restoration and The Book of Mormon.  We got to the part about Joseph Smith and she said, "I know this story!  He went and prayed and God came to him and gave him an answer.  I love this story!"  Then it was my turn to be the shocked one.  I just sat there thinking, "Well huh....ain't that something great."  I looked over and Elder Holman and it looked like he was thinking the same thing.  They seem really promising and I'm so very excited to continue to teach them.
This week more than anything though I learned about the importance of being a good "example of the believers."   Here in tiny, little Crete, we have very few members.  About 10 to be exact.   Only 2 1/2 are active (One is coming back).  But it seems like everyone we teach knows all the one's who aren't the active ones.  They know they're members of the Church and they see the examples that they give them.  They can see that they're using their agency to not go so its hard to motivate them to "Come and See" like Elder Bednar said in General Conference.  In Timothy it says "be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity." I'm thankful for the family and friends in my life that have been just that.  Who've helped me to see the blessings that come from living the Gospel the way that its intended to be lived.  I consider myself pretty blessed to have grown up with such great and faithful parents, family members, friends, and leaders who have shown me the way and have helped me to want to continue along in it.  Thank you all for everything you've done for me personally. I know that you're examples are helping many more people than just me.  I know that as we give people examples of righteousness and truth, that it helps to encourage others to "Come and See" what it is that we strive for.  It helps them to want to find that path that leads to the everlasting happiness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.  I pray that we may be those "examples of the believers" that the Lord wants us to be and I do so in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

I love you all and I hope you have a great week! 
Love,
Elder Zack



No comments:

Post a Comment