Monday, March 3, 2014

Snow, snow, and more snow.



Hey there!  First off I want to share a funny story.  Well really, its kind of a sad story but I was laughing pretty hard.  When the new missionaries came in from Mexico last transfer they brought me 6 letters that people had sent me that got to Mexico after I came back to the States.  I couldn't help but laugh.  Some of them were even sent after I had left Mexico.  The part that really made me smile was the letter from my family!      If I didn't respond to some letter you sent, don't think I hate you, you just send letters to the wrong country :)
Late letters :)
 

This week was great!  Zone Conference is one of my favorite meetings that we have as missionaries.  We all come together to learn from our Mission President and our other leaders.... and in this case Elder Juan and I as well.  Our training went pretty well!  We were able to train about receiving revelation through Prayer.  I was crazy nervous since I'd just finished being trained and now I had to stand in front of a large group of missionaries who've been out a heck of a lot longer than me and teach them about how to do a specific principle of missionary work (in this case helping our investigators recognize their answers to prayers).  Luckily I wasn't alone and Elder Juan and I were able to get our point across and people told us they learned things that they're going to go try, so that's good!  Secretly I kind of enjoyed training.  Being able to study a specific topic all week and then teach what I'd learned was kind of fun.  Don't tell anyone though because I'd be happy to not have to do it again for a while.   

Snow Day
As for the subject title, Saturday dumped down snow on us.  It snowed from at least before 6:30 AM (when we woke up) to 6 PM when we went to dinner.   It snowed so much that our mission leaders grounded our cars, meaning that it was too dangerous to drive.  But since we're missionaries, and this work never ceases, we walked all day in the 3+ feet of snow and the negative temperatures.  It was highly entertaining walking with Elder Juan.  The whole time we just pushed each other into the snow banks and threw snowballs at each other.  Walking in that much snow for the whole day sure does make you tired though.  I'm not a fan of snow.  I highly prefer the St George winters.   On the bright side, people were more willing to talk to us since we were crazy enough to walk through the blizzard to knock on their door!  

Quick update on some of our investigators:
Hector- still knows the Book of Mormon is true.  Loves the Plan of Salvation
Norberto- Came to church!!  and he loved it!!  He sat in every class soaking it up and participating!  We're seeing good things from him coming up soon, he just needs to stop smoking!
Jose- Has read the whole Book of Mormon!  He told us he knows its true!  He just has lots of little dumb questions that get in the way but we're hammering them out and working with him some more!
We found a book about medicine from fruits in one of
 members' houseand look who it was dedicated to!  

The work's going good, I'm loving being a missionary, these people make me happy and there's no where else I'd rather be.  I love you so much!  
Have a great week!

Lots of love,
Elder Zack




No comments:

Post a Comment