Thursday, December 12, 2013

Don't Steal Because Things Explode (letter from Elder Zack postmarked 3 December 2013)

Family!

Feel free to add these to the blog if you so wish :)

Hi there!  I don't have a lot of time to email anymore so I don't have a lot of time to share some of the cool experiences that I'm having out here or the funny moments.  So I might be sending home a few more letters then you guys are used to :).

Cool experience #1:
When we first got here, we met with President Weston as a "get-to-know-you" interview so he could receive inspiration for who to be our Trainers and where we should serve.  During my interview he asked me why I decided to serve and I told him, "I'm here because I love the Lord, and I know he loves me and everyone else in the world.  I know he wants all His brothers & sisters, our brothers & sisters, to be able to receive the Gospel and to enjoy the blessings that come from it.  I know he's prepared people specifically for me, even though I don't know where they are or who they are, I know that they're prepared for me."

And he said, " I know where they are."  And I was just kind of floored and got really curious to know where I was going to be assigned.  I guess Sioux City, Iowa is the place for me for now and I'm excited to start the work here!

Second Experience:
Saturday we went shopping because the house we moved into is new for missionaries so it had no leftover food from the last missionaries.  As we're walking back to the car, I look in the cart and see a gallon of milk that I know I didn't buy.  So I asked the other Elders if they bought it and they said, "no Elder Paddock.  You were supposed to..."
Awesome.  So in a hurry to repair the commandment I'd broken, I grabbed the carton, grabbed my companion, and started running.  But in the hurry, I dropped the milk causing it to explode all over the street, all over cars, and all over me...
Lesson learned:  Don't steal because then things explode and you look like a milk covered idiot walking back in the store to buy a couple of pieces of an exploded milk carton...

Anyways things out here are going great!  We Can't have ipods or mp3's so if you could send me copies of all the church/EFY cd's that we have that'd be great!  Not that I don't love Elder Juan's Spanish Christian music... I just could use something normal :).  And if you can find Spanish Hymns too, that'd be amazing.

I love you guys so much!  I hope you have an amazing week!  President Weston says to just send all the letters to the Mission Office (something something Martha Street in Omaha) just to avoid confusion and then they'll forward them from there.  I love you!  Can't wait to hear from you in a week!

Lots of Love,
Elder Zachary Paddock

No comments:

Post a Comment