Monday, July 28, 2014

The Two Most Prepared Kids I've Met

Lots of things have happened this week.  Lots of crazy things that are so great that I really don't know how to describe them.  I've been just amazed at how much the Lord has really helped us out throughout the past 7 days.   This really is His work.  There's not a doubt in my mind about that.   

When I was re-reading the past 7 days of Journal entries, trying to figure out what it was that I was going to write to you about, I noticed that almost every single day involved Jenny and Fernando.  We have probably seen them every other day this week, teaching them and helping them as they prepare for THEIR BAPTISM THIS SATURDAY!  I've absolutely loved teaching these kids the Gospel.  They don't argue it.  They don't deny its truthfulness.  They're so receptive to the Spirit that we teach them, they commit to read and pray, they do it, and they know for sure that its true.  These kids have blown my mind and made me so happy.  
The two most exciting numbers we've ever put for our weekly goals

Words really can't explain how excited I am for their baptism on Saturday.  It'll be my very first one since I came out and I couldn't ask for two better people to be getting baptized.  It'll be a great way to finish out my time here in Sioux City since transfers are on the 8th and there is a VERY high chance that I'm leaving the area since I've been here 9 months already (Thats a REALLY long time for a missionary to be in an area).   I know that as we go out and work hard, the Lord blesses our work and places people in our path that are just prepared to accept the Gospel and dive in head first.  I know that I have done nothing really to help bring this to pass except trust in the Lord and invite others to come unto Him.  This is His work, not mine.  I know that and I'm 100% sure about that.  Thank you for all your prayers and love.  Sorry I don't have a lot to talk about this week but this week coming up will be an amazing one for sure.  I love you so much!   
Love,
Elder Zack Paddock

From his email to Mom:
Family really is everything.   I'm happy that I grew up in a home that believed that.  I love you crazies more than you know.  Christmas is coming though so don't worry :)  I thought about not sending any pictures of me until then just so you'd see how super manly I looked at Christmas... but then I realized you wouldn't be to happy about that....  I didn't take any pictures this week except the numbers one I sent in the big email so I'll send you a picture of the day I woke up with a headache and a craving for Mountain Dew with Blue Raspberry flavoring.  Took the picture at 9ish and already was working on 52 oz of dew.  I love you!  
.

No comments:

Post a Comment